Welcome to Riverside Academy
Riverside Academy’s mission is to empower students to recognize and optimize their full potential.
Effective: November 18 - December 8, 2020
COHORT A (morning group)
1st hr 8:00-8:10 a.m. | 5th hr 8:00-8:10 a.m.
2nd hr 8:15-8:45 a.m. | 6th hr 8:15-8:45 a.m.
3rd hr 8:50-9:20 a.m. | 7th hr 8:50-9:20 a.m.
4th hr 9:25-9:55 a.m. | 8th hr 9:25-9:55 a.m.
COHORT B (afternoon group)
1st hr 11:30-11:40 a.m. | 5th hr 11:30-11:40 a.m.
2nd hr 11:45-12:15 p.m. | 6th hr 11:45-12:15 p.m.
3rd hr 12:20-12:50 p.m. | 7th hr 12:20-12:50 p.m.
4th hr 12:55-1:25 p.m. | 8th hr 12:55-1:25 p.m.
Fridays will be dedicated to material pick up and drop off, make-up work, review of student progress and parent contact.
Office hours will be 7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
*Virtual Students will maintain their current virtual schedule
To learn more about Riverside Academy and our program, contact us at (734)529-3916, or stop in for a tour!
Areas of Focus
- Building Relationships
- Life Skills/Advisory
- Post- Secondary Initiative
- Encourage Application to a Post-Secondary Program
- Able to build credit recovery into the normal school day.
- Sustained Silent Reading and writing program
- Social Service Networking
School Safety Drill Information
- 4 Credits in math including Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry and one math credit in final year of high school
- 4 credits in English
- 3 credits in Science including Biology, Physics, Chemistry and one addition credit in science
- 3 credits in Social Studies including .5 credit in Civics and a .5 credit in Economics, 1 credit in American History, and 1 credit in World History and Geography
- 1 credit in Physical Education and Health
- 1 credit in Visual, Performing and Applied Arts
- Online learning experience (20 hrs.)
- 2 credits Language other than English
Total number of credits to graduate: 19
- Core class requirements as defined by the Michigan Merit Curriculum graduation requirement
- All seniors must complete a 2 hr. community service project
- Seniors must get accepted to a post-secondary program
|‹ December 2020 ›|